Officially kicking off the holiday season with this cozy Honey Vanilla Pear Margaritas. Homemade vanilla and honey simple syrup, mixed with the classic margarita ingredient of tequila. This is the perfect subtle twist on the classic margarita cocktail, and it is a delicious holiday treat to cap the night with.
When I was dreaming up the cocktail before Christmas, I knew I wanted the perfect after-dinner drink to officially welcome the start of the holiday season. My first thought was a new twist on a White Russian. I love a White Russian more than you know. It is a holiday favorite.
But, I was bored. Yes, White Russians are great, but I wanted to try something new. Maybe something I wasn’t even thinking of. So, I put the feelers out to my family. My mother came back immediately with a pear margarita. And then within seconds, my aunt said the very same thing.
I took that as a sign and ran with the idea, adding only a small twist, but one that really makes all the difference. My mother was against any major twist, so I settled on a homemade vanilla honey syrup that adds that special touch I was really looking for. Normally, I am not one for a margarita, but this honey vanilla pear margaritas have changed everything for me.
I wanted to make the drink sparkle and shine, so I rimmed the glass with a sweet cinnamon sugar (simply sugar mixed with cinammon). It is so simple to make, but creates an extra-special drink that is really fitting for a holiday night.
And that is pretty much it. It is a classic, but with a small twist that makes it even better. This one is perfect for both Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Cheers!!
HONEY VANILLA PEAR MARGARITAS
- 2 ounces gold tequila
- 2 ounces pearnectar or juice
- 1 ½ ounces GrandMarnier
- 1 ounce honey vanilla syrup
- ½ ounce freshlime juice
- ½ ounce freshorange juice
- sliced pears
- crushed ice for serving
- coarse sugar + cinnamon for the rim
HONEY VANILLA SYRUP
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Rim a glass with a lime or orange wedge and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add the tequila, Grand Marnier, pear nectar/juice, orange juice, lime juice, and syrup.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into the glass. Add a few sliced pears and stir. Drink up!
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA HONEY SYRUP
- Heat the water and honey in a saucepan over medium heat while whisking.
- Bring it to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla bean paste and let the syrup come to room temperature.
-SHOP THE POST-